Sunday, September 18, 2011

Reflection


Violence preceded my visit and in the past two days there has been another terrorist attack and a Natural disaster at two of my destinations.  In the last 11 days, there has been a:

·         Terrorist  bombing at the Delhi High court killing 11 and injuring 70
·         Terrorist bombing in Agra hospital injuring 6 people
·         6.8 Earthquake in Northern India and Nepal killing 18 and over 100 injuries  
I have always felt safe in my sleepy town of Capitola and although I travel extensively in the US, I have never experienced the fear that grips so many people every day.  Yesterday the security at all the places I visited was enhanced and it was no longer a minor inconvenience, but a necessity.
I have experienced many earthquakes in CA and even one in Burlington, VT and know there is nothing one can do when a natural disaster hits but be as prepared as possible.
Selfishly, I pray that we are safe during our journey but it will take actions and prayers from all of us to make this world a safer place from the man-made violence that plagues it.

No comments:

Post a Comment