Saturday, September 17, 2011


Early Sunday Morning

Woke up at 4:00 went to the gym and got cleaned up for the day.  Had an amazing breakfast and a new favorite is stir fried noodles with veggies.  They also had the most amazing mini homemade donuts with cinnamon (heaven).  I headed over to Church, about 6 blocks from the hotel.  In the daylight, I was able to see more of what is outside the gate.  This is the apartment building directly across from the hotel.  The beautifully decorated trucks are part of a construction site.  I only took one photo of the garbage because a women a dog and birds were sharing the spoils.  There were many more piles of garbage during my short walk.

I arrived at Holy Family Church and the mass was in the local language; the sing-song cadence was mesmerizing.  I was the only Anglo so everyone was curious and came up to me after mass and asked me to stay for the Harvest celebration.  I did and again did not understand any of it but they explained it is an important ritual especially this year due to the extreme monsoons.

All is arranged with Ravi and my 8 hour tour begins at 9:00 AM.  I will be dragging by the time it is over but I doubt I will even return to Mumbai so I should experience as much as possible.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment