Saturday, October 1, 2011

My last day in Nepal...

I had one more Buddhist Temple to visit, Swayambhunath, situated on the top of the hill in West Kathmandu.  It is also known as the "Monkey" Temple because of the large tribe of monkeys protecting it.  This is the most ancient and enigmatic of all the Holy shrines in the Kathmandu Valley with historical records found on stone inscriptions that the stupa was already an important Buddhist pilgrimage destination by the 5th century AD.    I felt honored to do the same as those centuries before me.


Looking down at all the prayer flags

I said goodbye to my companions, Rishi and Lock


This was my last visit and headed back to the hotel for another shower and change of clothes for the very long journey home...I will treasure the memories of all of the special places and people I encountered on this journey but I am ready to go home and tackle my new life.  I have an apartment full of boxes awaiting me and I will be more open to what the universe has in store for me after this incredible journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment