Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Better Day

After the doctor visit, I drank hot water with lemon juice to break the fever and help the congestion. After a fitful six hours, the fever broke and I was able to get some sleep.  I skipped the morning site seeing but did go out in the afternoon (no rain) and experienced  three burials at the Crematorium Temple on the outskirts of the city.  In the Hindu faith, they must be cremated within 8 hours so "death vans", white Land Rovers are circling the city 24/7 to pick up the dead and take them to the nearest crematorium temples.  The family gathers and watching the funeral pyre and it is released into the river to be re-incarnated.


Awaiting the body

Being released and ready for reincarnation

I felt like I had been reincarnated into my old self because I had energy to shop after this temple visit at a wonderful store called "Crafts with a Conscience". I bought several gifts and a purse for myself and all but 15% of the purchase went to the women who produced the goods. It made me feel good to spend money!

No comments:

Post a Comment